Bristlenose Pleco Feeding Question

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by corydorainthehouse, Aug 19, 2019.

1. corydorainthehouse

corydorainthehouseNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Hey guys,

I have a 15 gallon tank with around 6-7 almost adult/grown up BN plecos and a bunch of newborns, as well as a three stripe cory who have been with me for almost 10 years. In november/december I will upgrade to a 32 gallon tank, only keep one BN pleco and add 5 three stripe corys for my lonely fella.

As food I currently have pleco-chips and algae-wafers. I wanted to ask how often I should feed them and how much.

(I will keep in mind from my previous posts that I should also feed them bloodworms and will do so as soon as I upgrade the tank)

TIA!

2. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +17,147
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Wow....6-7 adult BNs in a 15g?? How often are you doing water changes? I raised BN plecos for a while and wouldn't even want the babies in a 15g for long. I am honestly surprised it is working out for you. No fighting amongst the males or anything??
    November/December is still 3-4 months away, I suggest upgrading sooner if you can. :)

As for their diet, You should definitely add fresh veggies :) And do you have lots of driftwood in there? They need that too!

3. OP
    OP
    corydorainthehouse

corydorainthehouseNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +9
    Heyo thanks for the reply! They seem to be living pretty peacefully. I sadly did the mistake as a kid 10 years ago to only listen to what the guys at my local pet store said and I just realized recently when I joined this forum that I have made a loooot of mystakes in my way of keeping my fish. This sadly cost the lives of two redtail sharks which, first of all, never should be two in the same tank and second of all need a lot of space...
    But yeah, I'll have to wait for my birthday to be able to upgrade my tank sadly, I'm just a broke student right now :confused:

They do have a huge chunk of driftwood which they love, and I will definitely add vegies to their diet, thanks for your help! :D