Bristlenose Pleco Feeding Question

1. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

My 7 BN's get bloodworm, brineshrimp, daphnia, mysis, fisheggs, tubifex without any problem.
    I agree the biggest part should be vegs, but mine never showed constipation cause of this..

2. PeggySue Initiate Member

I have 5 Corydoras which seem to be the same as the picture I see on your post. Is this name 'Bristlenose' the same type of fish? If so I am trying to find out some rather odd habits mine have. This is their habit of swimming at high speed back and forth across the tank almost continuously. I thought they were supposed to be bottom feeders. Although they do this its true, but most of the time is spent speeding across the tank. It seems quite bizarre, having read your post you seem to be quite used to their habits so do you think they could be suffering from something? I am feeding them various frozen foods that come in push out pouches plus Algae wafers. They are voracious eaters when they are still long enough!!! thank you

3. kuhlkid Member Member

No, bristlenose plecos and corydoras are two different families of fish. I'd encourage you to start your own thread about these behaviors!

4. TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Sounds like your cories are suffering from an affliction known as "Being Cories" and are behaving like cories.