Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 14

BigManAquatics

Well, they do tend to eat more or less around the clock. Maybe not enough to eat? I feed my community tank with flakes and pellets so the other fish feed well, but there is always some on thebsubstrate for the plecos to munch when they finish their wafers or veggies. Do you have driftwood?

Upvote 0

SirenandPirate

Well, they do tend to eat more or less around the clock. Maybe not enough to eat? I feed my community tank with flakes and pellets so the other fish feed well, but there is always some on thebsubstrate for the plecos to munch when they finish their wafers or veggies. Do you have driftwood?
This is my first bristlenose pleco! A friend told me that they wouldn’t need any driftwood if I fed them enough. Is that not true?!

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

This is my first bristlenose pleco! A friend told me that they wouldn’t need any driftwood if I fed them enough. Is that not true?!
There seems to be debate on that. I would try either a piece of driftwood or some Repashy Morning Wood for food. The driftwood is much cheaper in the long run, but they do like that repashy! Might be some fibers missing that it is finding in the leaves.

Upvote 0

SirenandPirate

Thank you so much! I have never used driftwood in a fish tank before. I’m assuming that there is a proper way to add it to a tank?

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Thank you so much! I have never used driftwood in a fish tank before. I’m assuming that there is a proper way to add it to a tank?
I like to boil it first. Shouldn't need a very big piece.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

I've never had my BN eat my plants. And I don't over feed him. Though I have always had at least a tiny bit of wood in there for him to feed on.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
RayClem
Replies
Views
Tup
  • Question