Help Bristlenose Pleco About To Pop!!??!!

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Try to feed some vegs nevertheless.
Don't know if that is the cause (and the ted spots are worrying to me) but it might need some other minerals/vitamins than only out algae. They are omnivores and not algaevores. So don't forget some protein (bloodworms shrimppellets etc....) for there well being.

SuperD14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Try to feed some vegs nevertheless.
Don't know if that is the cause (and the ted spots are worrying to me) but it might need some other minerals/vitamins than only out algae. They are omnivores and not algaevores. So don't forget some protein (bloodworms shrimppellets etc....) for there well being.
Yes, I feed sinking pellets for the rest of the fish and I notice a few of them do get down to the bottom. I previously thought this may of even the problem that they are eating too much protein so I haven’t fed any of the other fish since yesterday.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Given it a thought. Be sure the smallest one gets its share. I have three BN's in and the less dominant one got severely bloated as well. Decided to throw in more vegs / food than I first did.

If it was that I am not sure but it recovered great. First bloated, second now !
254528b3019253d738dc7adeee5332d1.jpg
6ee779a3961d5c7d41190dcfc8b7d957.jpg

SuperD14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Given it a thought. Be sure the smallest one gets its share. I have three BN's in and the less dominant one got severely bloated as well. Decided to throw in more vegs / food than I first did.

If it was that I am not sure but it recovered great. First bloated, second now !
254528b3019253d738dc7adeee5332d1.jpg
6ee779a3961d5c7d41190dcfc8b7d957.jpg
Okay I’m boiling some peas right now and I’m going to throw some in and hopefully he gets some.

Marijn Lange

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I like the look of your aquarium, it looks very natural. Pleco's need a lot more then algae only. I'm not sure if feeding them peas is the best thing to do. The other fish will eat them aswell resulting in more fish waste. Because there is more waste then normal the water qaulity will worsen. As the pleco is sick it needs good water perimters. I advise to start feeding algea wafers and cucumber. Try feeding two slices of cucumber and one algea wafer every day or so. Add them after the lights have gone out.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom