Bristlenose hanging at top of tank

BenjiBear

I broke down my 20 gallon to move it and then put it back up, the only thing i changed was the substrate but I used the same underlayer of lava rocks, all the same driftwood, same plants, same canister filter.

I caught all my fish including my BN who i very slowly coaxed into a large tupperware i only use for fish business and he didnt really seem very stressed about the move. I kept him in a 2 gallon holding tank, he snuffled around the bottom but never bothered much.

When I finished putting the tank back up and got water in it, i netted all my female bettas in then my tetras and cories and lastly i got my BN back into the tub and released him. He sat in the bottom corner for a few hours im guessing but by this morning he was near the surface of the water on the opposite side of the tank and he hasnt really moved all day, so needless to say im worried about him.

He didnt act very stressed during the move and i was very slow with him to make it as comfortable as i could for him. All the other fish are acting perfectly fine.

Any ideas? Is he just trying to get used to it? Like i said im just worried.

Thanks!

WRWAquarium

From what you have done I can't see there being any issue. I recently moved 2 BN to a new tank, 1 was fine and active instantly. The other 1 I didn't see for a whole day before it came back out.

The plec is probably just adjusting but def keep an eye.

Upvote 0

BenjiBear

From what you have done I can't see there being any issue. I recently moved 2 BN to a new tank, 1 was fine and active instantly. The other 1 I didn't see for a whole day before it came back out.

The plec is probably just adjusting but def keep an eye.

Thank you! He's one of my favourite fish so I tend to worry about him a lot :)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BenjiBear
  • Question
Replies
Views
Shrimpandall
Replies
Views
BenjiBear