Bristlenose Catfish Babys Need Help

angelfish horder

Reaction score
hi everyone in my large community tank currently stocked with 2 large angelfish 2 pearl goramis 1 killifish 4 glass catfish 1 yolo loach 7 corydoras and 2 bristlenose catfish the bristlenose catfish have had babies me not knowing anything to do with breeding i have scooped them all out and put in a little cage net thing on the side with 2 small pieces of wood and i dropped a vegtable wafers in there there is lots of them and i didnt want them to get eaten by the other fish any advice on what to do ? thankyou

Chenpoes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would either work on rehoming them asap or set up a small tank for them (but keep in mind they grow very fast so that wouldn't be a permanent solution!)

mattgirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You need to set up a grow out tank for them. The "tank" can be a simple as a sterlite type storage tote with a sponge filter. I would get a good sized one. At least 15 gallon. I feel sure your LFS would take some of them once they get some size to them. Be sure to start offering them fresh veggies and driftwood to rasp on. BN fry may be small but they can pretty much eat the same food as the adults.

Keep their water as clean as possible to help them grow faster. I don't know if it is true for plecos but fish emit a growth hormone into the water than can stunt the growth of their siblings. It needs to be kept diluted with water changes.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom