Bristlenose being mean to blue phantom

Discussion in 'Pleco - Plecostomus' started by Granamyr, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Granamyr

Granamyr Valued Member Member

I'm really surprised by this, but since I've removed my peppered cories from my tank my bristlenose pleco has been getting mean towards the blue phantom. They are about the same size now but it's clear my blue phantom is afraid of the bristlenose. It's a 90 gallon tank with 2 large pieces of driftwood and one smaller piece and other hiding places to so there's plenty to go around. Just not sure why the sudden change of attitude, they used to hang out almost on top of each other.

Pretty sure I have a female bristlenose though as there are no signs of large spines coming off the nose yet just around the edge of the mouth.

Any ideas to stop the aggression?

thanks in advance

2. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Is it hungry ???

3. OP
    OP
    Granamyr

I'm not sure why it would be hungry? there's a nice piece of zucchini sitting there for her to eat that she eats on and her belly looks nice and full

4. OP
    OP
    Granamyr

Maybe she has seen all the fish that have departed the tank recently. IE Cory cats and red phantom tetras and wants to have a new home to? :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice