Bristle Nose Plecos

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by TropicalExplorer, Nov 29, 2012.

1. TropicalExplorerValued MemberMember

I just wanted to share with everyone that my pair of albino bristlenoses have laid their fist batch of eggs. The silly things have made a tunnel inside a piece of drift wood to a spot in it where a plant used to be that I had facing down towards the gravel and decided that it was going to be the spot. Little did I know as I was pulling decorations out for regular tank cleaning and I couldn't find him there he was inside the drift wood with lots of eggs. SO excited we will see if any hatch!

2. aquatic

aquaticValued MemberMember

Congrats!
    I'm getting some bristle nose from aquabid delivered early next week, hoping to be in the same position a few months from now. :)

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Congrats! They tend to find the tightest place with only entrance and no exit to lay their eggs. Dad will take care of the eggs you should have wigglers in3-4 days and free swimmers in 3-4 more days. Keep us posted please!
    Carol

4. lizzjValued MemberMember

Congratulations on the spawn. I have around 75 or so bristlenose growing out. Some are up to 3" and the youngest are 1/2". The fry love green beans. Good luck with them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice