Bringing A Fish Home From Vacation

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
SO, Im sorry if this is in the wrong catatgory.

I'm going to Florida this summer, I have heard they have better Saltwater stuff altogether. If i wanted to bring a coral or fish home how would I do it?

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Are you flying back or driving?
How long is your trip?
Could you mail it to yourself?

JoeCamaro

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh, I mean how long is your trip back, if you were driving. Anyway, since you are flying, I doubt you will be able to take a fish with you. I'd say just ship it to yourself the day you go back home.
Check online on how to prepare fish for shipping and go by that.

JackA99

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Some stores will hold certain items and then ship them back at a later date. Maybe you could try this.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aqua Hands said:
SO, Im sorry if this is in the wrong catatgory.

I'm going to Florida this summer, I have heard they have better Saltwater stuff altogether. If i wanted to bring a coral or fish home how would I do it?
I would ship it home. If you're flying through the Indy airport, then the flight is around 3? hours I want to say. It depends on where in Florida you're going. I would ship it, but if you're taking more than two, I would do airport-airport, then be on the plane.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Are you trying to catch a fish or coral from the wild and bring it home? Or are you buying it from a store and trying to get it home?

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
lilabug4545 said:
I would ship it home. If you're flying through the Indy airport, then the flight is around 3? hours I want to say. It depends on where in Florida you're going. I would ship it, but if you're taking more than two, I would do airport-airport, then be on the plane.
Im flying through Ft. Wayne
TexasDomer said:
Are you trying to catch a fish or coral from the wild and bring it home? Or are you buying it from a store and trying to get it home?
Buy it. I would never catch one myself

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good! Then I would look into them shipping it to you. Carrying it on the plane yourself isn't a good idea - it could be confiscated and then you'd not only lose it, but it'd die, too.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
lilabug4545 said:
TexasDomer said:
Buy it. I do

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Aqua Hands said:

Buy it. I do
Okay. Time shouldn't be drastically different then. I've found that if you fly through Bloomington, it can take 45-30 fewer minutes.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
lilabug4545 said:
Okay. Time shouldn't be drastically different then. I've found that if you fly through Bloomington, it can take 45-30 fewer minutes.
Yea, I would spend that driving home lol. I'm going to ship if I find something I "NEED". I was reading though. some of the Airlines allow them but its TSA you have to worry about. You can bring them as a carry on.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sometimes TSA won't let you bring them as a carry-on (and the issue with liquids will be a problem), and they may get confiscated from your checked bags too. I wouldn't risk it, either the money your pay for them or their lives.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
TexasDomer said:
Sometimes TSA won't let you bring them as a carry-on (and the issue with liquids will be a problem), and they may get confiscated from your checked bags too. I wouldn't risk it, either the money your pay for them or their lives.
yea, Im just gonna pay for shipping or call ahead of time.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Even calling ahead of time won't necessarily help. You won't be talking to the actual TSA agents that will be in charge of security at the airport, and it seems that even if you talk to someone about it, they can still tell you no at security. I've dealt with similar issues before - one agent said it was okay, the other didn't, so I wasn't allowed to do it.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom