bright blue tank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Righto so as I posted in a different thread it appears that Firesong has fungus in his eyes.

it appears that I do have a treatment for fungal infections at home - Wunder Tonic (contains ethylene blue, malachie green,acriflavine, quinine)

It's blue!!

Of course Firesong had to rush forward and FLARE at it

770.jpg

Charlemagne

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Er, too late now to change anything now, but won't that stain the silicone in the corners blue??? Good luck with Firesong!!!

OP
lyndra

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
if it dyes the silicon blue - it dyes it blue. No one sees the tank except me anyway - it's in my room, the other tanks are in public rooms.

we've used this particular treatment before in the big tank and had no problem with staining.

Q tank is on standby as one of the Cichlids is starting to show signs of fitrot and we are waiting to see if we caught it early enough - I would rather risk the silicon on this tank and leave the Q tank incase we have to remove a sick fish from the big tank.

Given the fungal infection, water changes and water tests have been upped to daily so ammonia spike and bacteria drop should be well managed I also keep spare filter media in a bag in the other tanks in case I ever need to help a tank recycle- I would expect to have to keep an eye on the tank anyway given that I have had to take the filter media out of the tank while it is being treated.

OP
lyndra

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
LOL yea it does say that it will kill plants, so I took them out.

the tank has almost returned to normal colour and it doesn't look like it has stained. Firesong's eyes have cleared up and it looks like it wasn't finrot with the cichlid - she's brooding and is being a feisty little so and so because of it and keeps getting into spats .. we also found an inch long baby in the tank!! we don't know if it's from the same pair or even which pair it's from!

OP
lyndra

lyndra

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
he seems fine and has a teeny little bubblenest started in his corner - I think I managed to catch it early enough because it has gone now after being treated.

Hehe, he's already blue! (well his body is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 60 65.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 19.6%

Top Bottom