Brians fishtank

BrianCB
I'm giving away two oscars and two jack dempseys for free to anyone who can come and pick them up and give them a good home. I live in prince george ,virginia at 4568 baxter rd e-mail is .

Its a 29 gallon aquarium
right now:
-2 oscars 2 jack dempseys
1 pleco

2 gallon hexagonal
right now:
-1 baby oscar

I plan on either giving them away or planning on a larger tank.
I'll post a picture soon.

vin
Brian,

If you can't give them away, see if your local fish store will take them in trade....

BrianCB
I got the fish from petsmart and I was told that they might not take them back.

vin
I know that Petco will take fish, but don't know if they will give credit or not....

BrianCB
I know that Petco will take fish, but don't know if they will give credit or not....

dont have any out where I live only have petsmart.

COBettaCouple
maybe they'll take fish for credit too? or a smaller LFS?

BrianCB
right now I'm planning on investing on a larger tank, what size should be good for three oscars ,two jack dempseys,and a common pleco? ???

COBettaCouple
Going just on size alone, 39"+16"+18", you are looking at 73 gallons at least.. maybe a 90g tank would be the size you'd want to look for, unless you can find a tank closer to 73g.

Xenomorph
I'd agree with FLBC, go large! You've already got the fish, and once they grow to maturity you'll have a spectacular feature!

BrianCB
I was thinking about getting a 75 gallon I am a little limited on space, I was thinking og getting one that is tall as oppossed to being long.

armadillo
I'd stay away from tall tanks as they're a bit of a waste of volume for the fish. Most fish get exercise with horizontal movement. I know I regretted my 10G vertical hex.

timg
I'd stay away from tall tanks as they're a bit of a waste of volume

I'll second that comment. The tall tanks like the hex don't give the fish any real chance to stretch and swim. I have a tall, but it's incorporated with my 4' so they get the best of both worlds, and have plenty of room to move, but ordinarily, IMO they are a waste of time certainly for larger or more active fish. (Incidentally, the combined volume of the tanks is 62 gallons, not far off the size you are thinking of!)

ghostdart
sounds like you have great fish, how would you incorporate a tall tank with a normal tank?????

Xenomorph
This is the story of how he did it: and it's well worth the read... We all pay homage to timg's creativness, willingness to experiment and never give up attitude! 8)

BrianCB
sounds like you have great fish, how would you incorporate a tall tank with a normal tank?????

well I plan on putting up the 29 gallon and place the larger one there.

BIGB
I am BrianCB and am posting a n update on the situation the fish are down to one oscar two JDs and one pleco, they are in a 42 Gallon tank the biggest I could afford for for now hopefully In january I will be able to get a larger tank.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bocat
Replies
Views
shusband
Replies
Views
carlos.kenny
Replies
Views