Brenden Interview

Brenden

AJE said:
Brenden do you like axolotls?
I do like them actually! Fascinated by their ability to regrow limbs and such. I've been considering getting a large tank one of these days and getting one, since there are people in my state that breed them

Brenden

Sheldon13 said:
What color would you get?
I'd probably get the darker black colored ones. Much harder to get here, but I love my darker colored animals.

Brenden

NC122606 said:
Brenden
Dream tank?
A tank that is built around a room. Like, the tank encircles an entire room. Just one long square donut shaped tank.

Freshwater tank.

I want blue velvet shrimp, a horde of bright colored guppies, and I want the tank to be "blacked out". Not blackwater, but just black substrate, skeleton decorations, so on.

I want a lot of weird, oddball fish. Loaches, dwarf frogs, so on.

I want each section of the tank to have it's own little "city" with it's own set of residents.

I know maintenance on a tank that big would be a pain in the booty.

So realistically? 100 gallon with a colony of blue velvet shrimp, heavily planted, with a custom painted stand. Obviously some rare fish to fill it up, but I really just want blue velvet shrimp man.

Gotta be the prettiest shrimp I have ever seen, and it's dang near impossible to get them here. Plenty of low grade sakuras, plenty of standard ghosties. That is it

NC122606

Well Known
Brenden said:
A tank that is built around a room. Like, the tank encircles an entire room. Just one long square donut shaped tank.

Freshwater tank.

I want blue velvet shrimp, a horde of bright colored guppies, and I want the tank to be "blacked out". Not blackwater, but just black substrate, skeleton decorations, so on.

I want a lot of weird, oddball fish. Loaches, dwarf frogs, so on.

I want each section of the tank to have it's own little "city" with it's own set of residents.

I know maintenance on a tank that big would be a pain in the booty.

So realistically? 100 gallon with a colony of blue velvet shrimp, heavily planted, with a custom painted stand. Obviously some rare fish to fill it up, but I really just want blue velvet shrimp man.

Gotta be the prettiest shrimp I have ever seen, and it's dang near impossible to get them here. Plenty of low grade sakuras, plenty of standard ghosties. That is it
Actually, that sounds really cool and something I would do.
Last question.
Saltwater?

Brenden

NC122606 said:
Actually, that sounds really cool and something I would do.
Last question.
Saltwater?
What specifically about saltwater? :joyful:

Do I have a saltwater tank? Currently, I do not.

Do I plan on getting one? Absolutely.

However I want to be completely familiar with freshwater fishkeeping before I make that jump. I do have a few years of general experience with freshwater fish, however I want to have at least 5 years under my belt before I make that jump.

Saltwater in my current situation is not possible. I do not have enough space or time to dedicate to it.

Favorite saltwater fish? Clown fish. I love clown fish

Also love/hate those massive algae eating shrimp. They interest me and terrify me at the same time. They look like massive sea spiders :dead:

NC122606

Well Known
Brenden said:
What specifically about saltwater? :joyful:

Do I have a saltwater tank? Currently, I do not.

Do I plan on getting one? Absolutely.

However I want to be completely familiar with freshwater fishkeeping before I make that jump. I do have a few years of general experience with freshwater fish, however I want to have at least 5 years under my belt before I make that jump.

Saltwater in my current situation is not possible. I do not have enough space or time to dedicate to it.

Favorite saltwater fish? Clown fish. I love clown fish

Also love/hate those massive algae eating shrimp. They interest me and terrify me at the same time. They look like massive sea spiders :dead:
That is why I started with Freshwater I was going to do saltwater straight away. I love those Walking Batfish very cool fish to watch, I could probably watch them for many hours.

Brenden

NC122606 said:
That is why I started with Freshwater I was going to do saltwater straight away. I love those Walking Batfish very cool fish to watch, I could probably watch them for many hours.
Wow...never even knew that existed. That is insane!

Brenden

LaTulip said:
What is your favorite aquatic plant?
Honestly, I am very new to keeping plants. I had bad luck prior, so I got away from the whole idea until recently when I set up my 10 gal community tank.

I do not quite know yet what I like the most. I do like the little Marimo Balls.

LaTulip

Brenden said:
Honestly, I am very new to keeping plants. I had bad luck prior, so I got away from the whole idea until recently when I set up my 10 gal community tank.

I do not quite know yet what I like the most. I do like the little Marimo Balls.
I love Marimo! Have you seen the Giant baseball-size Marimo moss balls? Those are my favorite!

Brenden

Addie42 said:
Do you like pina Colodas?
And getting caught in the rain?
Good song!

I live in Arizona, it doesn't rain much until the summer, then we get monsoons which DUMP rain onto us and flood the streets. Getting caught in that isn't all too fun

Brenden

LaTulip said:
I love Marimo! Have you seen the Giant baseball-size Marimo moss balls? Those are my favorite!
I have seen those! I plan on picking some Marimo's up here soon. I'm setting up a Betta tank, and I have an established community tank I think they'd thrive in. I have shrimp in the community that would benefit from them.

New Threads