Help breeding tube or parasite/worm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarys

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi all, im new to this site and although iv been a fishkeeper for almost 2 years, theres still alot i dont know. Glad i joined this site though, lots of great info on here!

I need some help with my Angelfish... i have two and they are over a year old.
When i got them from my local fish shop, i was told that they were male and female, although i cant tell myself.
They dont seem to get on much, constantly fighting it seems. About a week ago i noticed something on one of the angelfish, on the anal part. I had no idea what it could be but after some googling, i read that it could either be a breeding tube or some sort of parasite/worm.

Heres some pics...sorry they are not better quality. Cant really get a close up.
Its also starting to look bloated.

Does anyone know what it could be? and if it is a parasite, how do i sort it out?

Any help would be much appeciated!

Attachments

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!! the pics are hard to tell..but in the second pic, it does look like a female with her breeding tube exposed...if you notice them starting to lip lock/bicker with eachother, and cleaning off surfaces of something like a rock, leaf, intake tube of your filter, its spawning mode..if you can get a better pic, that would help allot good luck

OP
S

sugarys

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks guys, well i have noticed the lip locking and i sometimes see them cleaning the side of the tank and a few plants, even near the heater. They also try to nip at the other fish, not wanting them near!

I cant seem to get a close up of the angelfish, keeps moving!
Dont know if these pics are any help?

Attachments

OP
S

sugarys

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thats a relief! I was hoping it was a breeding tube. Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.8%

Top Bottom