Breeding Snails

Mifuluhu

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What can I do to increase breeding/survival of MTS and ramshorns in a separate tank?

They don’t seem to breed successfully in my larger tanks. I am assuming eggs are being eaten.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
MTS give live birth so there are no eggs. You want to make sure theres enough substrate for them to burrow (they prefer sand). Also supply lots of food - over feed your tank so your snails get some to eat, and driftwood provides something for them to graze on.

Similar for the ramshorns - provide extra food, nooks and crannies to hide in, etc.

Also if you have a puffer or loaches they may be eating the snails. In which case raising some in a separate tank will definitely increase breeding/survival rate

kbn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
fjh said:
MTS give live birth so there are no eggs. You want to make sure theres enough substrate for them to burrow (they prefer sand). Also supply lots of food - over feed your tank so your snails get some to eat, and driftwood provides something for them to graze on.

Similar for the ramshorns - provide extra food, nooks and crannies to hide in, etc.

Also if you have a puffer or loaches they may be eating the snails. In which case raising some in a separate tank will definitely increase breeding/survival rate
Exactly what i would type

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom