Breeding Setup

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Cheesearmada, May 19, 2018.

1. Cheesearmada

CheesearmadaValued MemberMember

Hi all,
    After successfully experimentally breeding several different 'types' of guppies and Peppered Corydoras I was thinking of expanding my project and potentially selling the fish I bred. However, I do have some cost restraints and would rather keep it on the cheaper side. Furthermore, I do wish to provide the highest quality living environment for my fry and the parents.

My idea:

In doing some research, I found an idea on YouTube which utilized Sterilite shoeboxes. The video was rather old and low quality so I wasn't able to catch all the intimate details of the setup. I was wondering if this was a good idea, and how I would go about filtrating the 'tanks'.

If you have any other ideas please feel free to suggest :)
    Thanks!

2. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

You can go to your local home or department store and pick up a 10 gallon or more tub for really cheap.
    I was able to get myself a 26 gallon Sterlite tote container for a great price. You would probably get the best luck from using sponge or HOB filters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice