Breeding setup help needed!

Benji5050

I bought this fish breeding setup (I want to use it for Guppie breeding) but I am really dumb with it still. Can anyone give me any pointers or advice. I lost the number of the guy who I bought it from. He made everything himself and showed me the fish he bred in the setup and they were amazingly colored.

9A2004BF-52E1-4BAA-8E9E-DCEDA34804C2.jpg
This is the setup now in my room.
Please excuse the top light being so tilted... I haven’t attached it yet so it is just resting on the top tank.

Joshaeus

I am not 100% sure how this is meant to work, but it looks like this is actually several separate breeding setups on one stand. Is there an overflow on the taller tanks?

Benji5050

No that is one of the things that baffle me. Only the 4small tanks are connected to like a kind of a filtration system.
There is also another pipe system that is not in the pic that brings the water back into the 4small tanks via a pump.

9A2004BF-52E1-4BAA-8E9E-DCEDA34804C2.jpg
This is in my room

Joshaeus

Perhaps the four small tanks are meant to be connected to a single sump? A lot of pet store aquarium setups work like that...they have a bunch of tanks connected to a single large filtration system. Unfortunately that is a major part of the reason why fish so often pick up ich and other ailments while at the pet store...if ANY of these four tanks comes down with something, it will spread to all the other fry tanks and make it far more of a hassle to treat it.

Guy25

It looks to me like you've got 3 "breeding tanks" ( the larger ones ) and 2 "growout tanks" for the fry in different stages , 2 for each of your breeding tanks. If I had to guess, that pvc should have valves connecting to it and the whole thing connecting to a separate sump. Did he give you a separate sump? Maybe you could post pictures of the back of the setup to? Kind of hard to judge what should be connected to what just from the front. But looks like a great setup!

Benji5050

It looks to me like you've got 3 "breeding tanks" ( the larger ones ) and 2 "growout tanks" for the fry in different stages , 2 for each of your breeding tanks. If I had to guess, that pvc should have valves connecting to it and the whole thing connecting to a separate sump. Did he give you a separate sump? Maybe you could post pictures of the back of the setup to? Kind of hard to judge what should be connected to what just from the front. But looks like a great setup!

Guy25 thanks for the reply. I wil quickly post a pic where it was set up in his place so because in my room only the drainage pipes are connected and not those that pump water back into the tanks.

70b82d64-1be1-4e0b-bee4-7e97fcc5cf95.jpg

IMG_1828.JPG

Yes Joshaeus only the four little ones are connected to a pump.
The disease spreading is a bit of a concern but it doesn’t bother me THAT much cause I have a bunch of meds and a pet store less then 2miles from me. I have never had any fish die from disease as I am really caring for my fish.

Joshaeus

Good...you are prepared. Let us know how it goes

Benji5050

Just one last question Joshaeus... which tank do I use for what ???

Joshaeus

I believe each of the 4 small tanks is for raising broods of fry, while the three larger tanks may be for adult fish. Not sure what the long, short tank is for.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ckline
Replies
Views
fjh
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies
Views