Breeding platys are now bullies

Ksuar

Hi everyone! We have 8 harlequin rasboras and 5 platys - 1 female and 4 male… I know. One male won the female over and she seems to be pregnant. However, the male is now chasing and bullying everyone else to the point that they ALL stay in a corner now rather than swimming freely like before.

If we remove just mom, will be still be the bully? It seems like we may have to remove both mom and dad right? :/

Ksuar

*casual bump* please and thank you :)

ForBettaorForWorse

I don't have platies, but I do have guppies and know that you should keep them in a ratio of 1 male to 2 females. The bully male might be the problem, but I would try removing the female, and seeing what happens.

Ksuar

I don't have platies, but I do have guppies and know that you should keep them in a ratio of 1 male to 2 females. The bully male might be the problem, but I would try removing the female, and seeing what happens.
We ended up with a surprise. It was really 2 male and 3 female! Haha. We did surrender the bully and it has helped but our rasboras still get scared when the lights are on ever since then.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Redtailsharkboi
  • Platy
Replies
Views
e_watson09
  • krister tait larson
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Blitzar
Replies