Breeding Platinum Gouramis

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by aquariumgirl lauren, Mar 26, 2010.

1. a

aquariumgirl lauren Valued Member Member

Hi guys! I just got a pair of platinum gouramis (male and female) and I wanted to attempt to breed them, but I have never bred fish before so does anyone have advice in attempting to breed my gouramis?

2. Gouramiguy17

Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I would start out on easier fish first, when I first got into fish keeping all I wanted to do was to breed gouramis but then I realized how small the fry were and the small fry foods they would need and also the developing laybrith organ and bubble nest and the aggressivness of the male to the female. It was all overwhelming so I stuck to guppies and am moving my way up the "breeding scale"

3. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Congratulations on the platinum gouramis! I hope you can post pics of them.

I know nothing about breeding them, sorry.:(

4. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Congrats on getting your pair. I'd go with GouramiGuy's advice. We don't want you to waste time and cash if anything goes wrong because breeding ain't easy. I've experienced it myself...

Best of luck! :;hf

5. OP
    OP
    a

aquariumgirl lauren Valued Member Member

When I first got the gouramis I wasn't planning on breeding them, but the female is plump right now with all her eggs. Is it ok to leave her that way or is it bad for her?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice