Breeding Plans

nedpatrick

Hey everyone so after finding a few spare places around to fill with tanks I’ve got a few plans to breed for a slight profit. Not looking to make much just a little to be able to place aside to pay for things I’ll need once I’m in college etc and pay for a few things now. Right now my plans are as follows

10 gallon- Pair of Orange Dwarf Cray fish
5 Gallon- Trio or Pair of N class endlers(separate tank for rearing fry)
20 Long- Colony of Multis
And then either
2-5 Gallons each with a different color of shrimp
Or
1-10 gallon with 1 color
My criteria were fish or inverts that were going to be easy to sell and wouldn’t produce a ton of fry that required a ton of space. I’d considered Bn plecos but I don’t have enough room for grow out tanks. If you have any other suggestions I’d appreciate them all.

CaptAnnDuchow

Of you can master it panda corys would be a good one

nedpatrick

Sorry for the late reply been slammed lately. I considered pandas but I’m a little low on space for raising the fry comfortably.

Donovan Jones

Try pygmy cories. Parents don't eat fry, just add a ton of moss and leaves for fry food, then move to first bites. They can colonize in 10 or more gallons, and are probably in higher demand than something like a Shelly. You could also breed endlers in there too if you use a net trap for until Cory fry are free swmiming. Shrimp have been reproducing with mine, and moss helps.
So in a 20 long you could do 3 species if you add a ton of moss or spawning mops and some floating plants if you do regular wcs to keep waste low.

nedpatrick

The 20 long is 100% Shellie’s I’ve been wanting to do it for a while now. Pygmys never really appealed to me. More people might have pygmies but the Shellie’s are harder to get and should not be to hard to sell

Donovan Jones

The 20 long is 100% Shellie’s I’ve been wanting to do it for a while now. Pygmys never really appealed to me. More people might have pygmies but the Shellie’s are harder to get and should not be to hard to sell
That's fair, but I think I just gave myself a nice idea lol.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mcasella
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishGirl38
Replies
Views
Mcasella
  • Question