• C642C48F-9C3D-4EF1-B66D-5369B6FBCA35.jpeg
    C642C48F-9C3D-4EF1-B66D-5369B6FBCA35.jpeg
    137.2 KB · Views: 19

Unknown9182

They have been in this tank for 4 days and nothing at all seems to be happening
What am I doing wrong
Any advice please

Thank you
Did you feed them frozen bloodworms or brineshrimp?

Skeff

Thanks for the reply
Live brine and live bloodworm
Tubifex live also
What you thinking
Just a pic

Attachments

• 9495417A-7134-44A3-BDA2-8E14462A0064.jpeg
    9495417A-7134-44A3-BDA2-8E14462A0064.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 6

jinjerJOSH22

Hoi. I really don't have much experience breeding Gourami so take any advice I give you with a grain of salt.

What is the temperature of the tank? Any idea of the age of the fish?
I see what looks to be a sponge filter? Might be an idea to turn it off over night, you really want zero flow in a tank when trying to breed Gourami.
Pearls for me seem tough to actually get to build a bubble nest. I wish you luck.

Skeff

80 degrees and its only an air stone for slight circulation
They look mature enough but nothing happening
So should I switch off the airstone

jinjerJOSH22

80 degrees and its only an air stone for slight circulation
They look mature enough but nothing happening
So should I switch off the airstone
I would go a little warmer to try get them in the mood 82 to about 84 and yes I would try switching it off at night.
Continue to feed live food for the time you are trying to breed them. It might be an idea to separate them keep the female in the breeding tank and condition her for a week or so before adding the male.
You could also try leaving the male in the tank, since it looks like a small tank, it could be that she is distracting him too much for him to actually build the nest in the first place.

Unknown9182

I would go a little warmer to try get them in the mood 82 to about 84 and yes I would try switching it off at night.
Continue to feed live food for the time you are trying to breed them. It might be an idea to separate them keep the female in the breeding tank and condition her for a week or so before adding the male.
You could also try leaving the male in the tank, since it looks like a small tank, it could be that she is distracting him too much for him to actually build the nest in the first place.
I second this, usually females need a week of fattening up so she can make eggs and males need a week to make a nest.

Skeff

Yes the temp worked and there is hundreds
All free swimming now on liqifry luquid food
Do they need an airstone and so I need to keep doing small water changes as water is becoming slightly cloudy
Thanks

jinjerJOSH22

Yes the temp worked and there is hundreds
All free swimming now on liqifry luquid food
Do they need an airstone and so I need to keep doing small water changes as water is becoming slightly cloudy
Thanks
Congratulation!
No, they don't need an air stone but they do need a covered aquarium. Ideally cover it with clingfilm or something similar. It's important they have access to warm humid air for the development of their labyrinth organ.
Yes to small water changes either daily or twice daily. Also feed little and often.
Feel free to attach another photo ;)

Skeff

Congratulation!
No, they don't need an air stone but they do need a covered aquarium. Ideally cover it with clingfilm or something similar. It's important they have access to warm humid air for the development of their labyrinth organ.
Yes to small water changes either daily or twice daily. Also feed little and often.
Feel free to attach another photo ;)
Cant upload video
Whats email

jinjerJOSH22

Cant upload video
Whats email
Best way to upload a video is to upload it to youtube and then link it here.

DoubleDutch

I believe an airstone is beneficial for the fry to break the tension of the watersurface to breath.

chromedome52

A sponge filter would be better than an airstone. Once the spawning was completed, airflow should have been added immediately to circulate the water and keep the surface clear. Also, with most gouramis, including Pearls, once the eggs have been laid, both parents can be removed. This species group has bouyant eggs that will float naturally.

I fed vinegar worms, as they are smaller than other common fry foods and easily cultured.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Yeoy
Replies
Views
kallililly1973
Replies
Views
CraniumRex
  • Question
Replies