Breeding L144a Longfin Blue Eye Bn Plecos?

• Thread starter tokiodreamy
  • Start date

tokiodreamy

Well Known
Hey!

So I'm interested in buying two L144As and breeding them and selling their babies. Would it be worth it?

What size tank would I need for breeding? What size tank for grow out? How much could I sell the babies for? What about sexed juveniles?

Any and all info would be amazing!

Katie13

Fishlore VIP
Mcasella

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Depends on the market in your area, or if you're willing to ship. Talk to the LFS in your area about whether they'll accept babies, how much they'll give you, and how large they need to be before they take them.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
The pet stores around me I can sell to won't take them below 1 inch, but the owner doesn't know what one inch is (aka bring her 2 inch juvies and she'd say they were 1 inch in size).
You would want to find the market around you or be willing to ship. Prices range from 6$ to 40$ depending on size and how many are in the group (so a larger group would have a discount price, so instead of 10$ a piece it would be 8-9$ a piece in groups).

I would go with a 40 breeder with tons of caves and sand substrate, keeping up with water changes and good filtration you can use this as a breeding and grow out tank.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
For the record : L144 is in fact a mislabeling. Mine were sold as such, but are in fact a xanthistic form of Ancistrus cf cirrhosus. L144 is believed to be not in the hobby anymore.

tokiodreamy

Well Known
DoubleDutch said:
For the record : L144 is in fact a mislabeling. Mine were sold as such, but are in fact a xanthistic form of Ancistrus cf cirrhosus. L144 is believed to be not in the hobby anymore.
Funfacts! That's what the website said where I'd buy the parents from. So I just added it. They're labeling them as lemon yellow longfinned with blue eyes.

Top Bottom