Breeding Help

1. d

dright21 Valued Member Member

I have a 55 Gallon tank with two AquaTech 60 Gallon filters on it. It is stocked with the following:

3" Black Male Convict
    2" Black Female Convict
    1" Pink Female Convict
    2.5" Male Salvini
    1.5" Female Blood Parrot
    Synodontis Eupterus

My Male Convict and the Black Female spend a lot of time together and I have bred the Male before but then he killed his partner. I was told to add other fish to the tank and that will help the bond between them become stronger. I added the Catfish 1st and nothing happened. Then I seen the Salvini and added it and the Smaller Female at the same time, nothing still happened and then I just recently added the Blood Parrot and nothing again happened. The water parameters are fine, the Temp is at 76 and they have been around each other nonstop. The last time My Male bred was in the summer and normally I don't worry about this but I feel like something could be wrong. They all seem fine they even chase other fish away from their spot but then there are times when the Male chases the Female he spends his time with and thats when I get very confused. If anyone knows or has any kind of advise that can help me make this happen please let me know. Thanks In Advanced.

2. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

I wish I could help. I have a male and female convict that want very little to do with each other. And, they say convicts are the easiest to breed!!! Who is they anyway?

3. OP
    OP
    d

dright21 Valued Member Member

Lol I totally understand that happened to me with My Male and he had to get bigger before he was in the mood. Now he seems to be ready its just the female who isnt