Breeding Danios In A Community Tank

Angelfishlover123124125
Hi,
I have a 40 gallon planted tank and I have a danio with eggs.
Fish:
12 angelfish (It's overstocker.I plan on rehoming them)
3 Buenos Aires Tetras
3 Albino Corydoras
3 Long finned Leopard Danios

One of my Danios has eggs but I don't have another tank to breed them in.I did research and I know how to breed them but I don't have another tank to breed them in.Can I breed them in the same tank and just try to catch as many eggs as possible or they won't spawn?

Advertisement
Samuel97
Get a breeding net! its a fine net that sits in the top of the tank but stops fish being able to get to them. You also have stocking problems beyonds the angelfish overstock..

Advertisement
Angelfishlover123124125
I know about the stocking problem and I'm going to rehome most of the fish.
I have a fry net but should I breed the danios in there?Or should I let them breed in the tank and put the eggs that I catch in the net?

Samuel97
Put fertilised eggs into the net for them to hatch and grow big enough to not get eaten. both the danios and other fish will eat the eggs.

Angelfishlover123124125
The Danio didn't spawn yet but when she does the eggs will probably all get eaten by the time I can get them

BottomDweller
I know about the stocking problem and I'm going to rehome most of the fish.
I have a fry net but should I breed the danios in there?Or should I let them breed in the tank and put the eggs that I catch in the net?
No, you can't breed danios in a breeder net. The way they spawn involves the males chasing the females around the tank and they need a decent amount of space. I wouldn't recommend raising fry in a breeder net.

Wait for them to spawn. Once they have spawned wait a couple of days then rinse out your filter media into a 5-10 gallon tank. You should now have hundreds of fry in the 5-10 gallon tank where you can raise them until they are big enough to go in the main tank. This is what I do.

Samuel97
Plus the cory don't need rehoming and nor do the danios, the cory just need some friends! they will feel very insecure with just 3.

why wouldn't you raise them in a net if she doesn't have a spare tank?

Angelfishlover123124125
I Have a 90L tank that I can breed them in but it's full of cherry shrimp and I don't think they'll leave them alone.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mydanios
Replies
Views
Lekstil
Replies
Views
The_fishy
Replies