Breeding Crystal Shrimp

MrFishkeeper1

So I would like to breed crystal shrimp and I was wondering what the deal was with crossing snow white bees with crystals? Does it affect the color at all? Will it help the "line"?

richiep

Most breeders keep these separate just like we do black bee and red crystal because they are a species in their own right, I'm not sure what youll get as I've never tried this one, crossing with crystal reds should I think do well, being pure white will allow for new strains but like everything in crossing shrimp nothing is certain, the fact I've never come across them in the uk so unable to have kept them i can only speculate but will follow with interest if you decide to go ahead,

MrFishkeeper1

Ok, another question why shouldn't I cross bee shrimp with crystals? I was kinda planing on doing like a "super cross". I wanted to use pure crystal reds, pinto shrimp, and a few fancy tigers (tigers mixed with crystal reds). Is this a good idea?

Edit: I would use roughly 10 crystals, 6 pintos, and 3 fancy tigers.

richiep

Yes you can crossing im doing tiger x crystal red and tiger crystal black im into me f2 and they seem starting to look good,lots won't cross because they don't want to loose the strain

Attachments

Top Bottom