Breeding Corydoras

Dillan Murphy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm interested in setting up a new tank and breeding cory catfish, can different variations of cory catfish breed making a different catfish or do only the same variations breed together.

Best Answer - View FinalFins's answer

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Dillan Murphy said:
I'm interested in setting up a new tank and breeding cory catfish, can different variations of cory catfish breed making a different catfish or do only the same variations breed together.
Corydoras breeding isn’t like a game like Dragon City where you breed 2 species of corydoras and get a new one. Most species stick to their own kind when breeding and the only similarity to Dragon City breeding is with albino and non albino corydoras of the same species. I believe some species of corydoras (I belive panda or bandit?) will try to mate with any other species of corydoras including their own species, but that creates hybrids, which is frowned upon.

If you are interested in breeding corydoras the bronze corydoras which you can get everywhere are pretty easy to breed. :)

e_watson09

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most often attempting to create hybrids is frowned upon in the aquarium hobby. I'd get a big group of one type and try to breed the single type

FishBoy101

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
DoubleDutch said:
That is not entirely true.

For hybrids watch Chinese youtube vids.
Un the West we're trying to prevent hybrids.
Oh, I'll go do that.

New Threads