Breeding convict pair fighting hard

Fishjunkiejimmy

I have a pair of breeding convicts that when they first met male got bullied by female and then they started breeding and now on their third batch and they batch is about two weeks old and out of no where they are they are fighting really hard like the female has bad marks on her face and it only seems to b over the flower pot that the eggs get laid in why is this happening and what do I do for right now I’m gonna put the male in a extra tank that I have but it’s only 5 gallon so he can’t stay there for long and will need to go back in the tank could anyone shed some light on this for me I might also note that last time they had two batches back to back and when the babies got a little older the male started chasing the female around a lot and I gave the babies away and they started back to normal behaviour and then had this batch do I need to get the babies out way faster are they protecting the babies ??????!? Any opinions are welcome

kansas

I'd rehome one of them or you'll go through this until one of the dies.

A201

Normal Convict behavior. IMO, Convicts are great fish to learn about breeding Cichlids, but are terrible aquarium fish, unless kept in a spacious aggressive Central American community tank.
You might try rearranging the decor, but that will only be a temporary aggression fix. The current time out situation might also temporarily remedy the aggression.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
calebringabell
Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
Pariah
Replies