Breeding Bettas

spinner650

Reaction score
my female was ready the nest was built and after I put the female in the m would do an embrace but he didn't have the female wierdafter about an hour of doing this he female started to release her eggs and pick them up. I left the light on all night and when I went to the tank the bubble nest was destroyed what happened

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
you do not need a cycle tank for each fry, lol thats nearly impossible. You can do jars when you first take all the males out. What you need to do is have a plan of what to do with the fry once they are ready to go home. Like who is going to take them or if there is a LFS that is willing to take them from you. Dont just breed to breed, its not fair for all those fish.

now to answer your question, you dont need to leave the light out all night and after the famel drops the eggs you need to take her out. My guess is that the male started to chase the female around over night and they probably destroy the nest on the process.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you fancy having to do water changes 3x a day in a small jar for 100 of them, be my guest. That's why its not practical to breed bettas in the stardard household.

No way you keep em in jars to grow them up. Bettas need SPACE. Even for a short time SPACE.

I personally dont fancy buying bettas that grew up young in jars.

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
If you fancy having to do water changes 3x a day in a small jar for 100 of them, be my guest. That's why its not practical to breed bettas in the stardard household.

No way you keep em in jars to grow them up. Bettas need SPACE. Even for a short time SPACE.

I personally dont fancy buying bettas that grew up young in jars.
All the bettas we buy from thailand and those places are raise in jars. So do the ones in petco and Petsmat.

Here is an example of a breeding farm in Thailand.

3B825F2D-E1B6-40BB-A10E-FC352AB8730F.jpeg

Photo credit ZeroViolet

Any breeder that tell you that they are raising more than 100 bettas in separate cycled tanks for each is lying lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom