Breeding Bettas

Discussion in 'Betta Breeding' started by Fanatic, Apr 24, 2018.

1. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I put this into thought and wanted to try breeding some bettas, it's worth the experience and the enjoyment.
    I have been keeping bettas for twelve years now, and I think it's time to take a step above just keeping them as regular fish.

I wanted to branch out to a sorority, so why not try a small breeding project?

Since I want to do this, I will have to check with my local aquarium store, they carry designer bettas, which are bred by the owner's daughter, she's a professional at only eleven years old!
    If they won't take them, I will keep some for myself until I have no room, but I will keep them for as long as possible. They will find homes eventually, it'll take time.

@lilabug4545

So, here's what I have to offer for breeding.

10 gallon tank
    I have plenty of containers, and jars which will work for breeding. I also have spare filtration plans for later usage.
    The breeding habitat is manageable, I think it's doable.

I read lila's article, and I understand most of it, it's familiar to me.
    What do you say?

2. lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

You sound super prepared (one of the best things for breeding bettas)! I think you should go for it! Depending on the colors and strains I might end up with a couple...

3. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Oh, and another question.
    Should I go pick out a new pair at the store, I don’t want to use my current ones, they are too pretty.

4. lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

I would say so. If you trust the fish and the breeder, then go for it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice