Breeding Bettas

Discussion in 'Betta Breeding' started by Fanatic, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I put this into thought and wanted to try breeding some bettas, it's worth the experience and the enjoyment.
    I have been keeping bettas for twelve years now, and I think it's time to take a step above just keeping them as regular fish.

I wanted to branch out to a sorority, so why not try a small breeding project?

Since I want to do this, I will have to check with my local aquarium store, they carry designer bettas, which are bred by the owner's daughter, she's a professional at only eleven years old!
    If they won't take them, I will keep some for myself until I have no room, but I will keep them for as long as possible. They will find homes eventually, it'll take time.

@lilabug4545

So, here's what I have to offer for breeding.

10 gallon tank
    I have plenty of containers, and jars which will work for breeding. I also have spare filtration plans for later usage.
    The breeding habitat is manageable, I think it's doable.

I read lila's article, and I understand most of it, it's familiar to me.
    What do you say?

2. lilabug4545

lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

You sound super prepared (one of the best things for breeding bettas)! I think you should go for it! Depending on the colors and strains I might end up with a couple...

3. OP
    OP
    Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

Oh, and another question.
    Should I go pick out a new pair at the store, I don’t want to use my current ones, they are too pretty.

4. lilabug4545

lilabug4545Well Known MemberMember

I would say so. If you trust the fish and the breeder, then go for it!