Breeding and care for mystery snails.

betta06

so I keep multiple nerate snails and love them but instead of getting more of them for my new 10 gallon i thought i would be fun to try something new and mystery snails seem pretty cool. the tank is 10 gallons but divided so he would have about 5 gallons unless he can go over the dividers like nerate snails? is there anything i should know about them? also how do i breed them enything special I need to do?

I would love any snail type recommendations for 3, 5 and 10 gallon tank i have lots of tanks in need of some algae cleaning right now lol.

thanks!

Kribensis27

They can go over dividers, they don’t mind leaving the water. One thing to keep in mind is that they need to be fed more than nerites. You can give them zucchini, blanched spinach, shrimp pellets, canned (no salt) green beans, fish flakes, and many other things, they aren’t picky. If they’re happy, they’ll breed. No need to do anything special.

For a three gallon, you could do bladder, pond, or ramshorn snails. For a five, you could do nerites or one mystery. For a ten, you could do a few mystery snails, a couple of nerites, some rabbit snails, or anything else mentioned here.

Upvote 0

betta06

They can go over dividers, they don’t mind leaving the water. One thing to keep in mind is that they need to be fed more than nerites. You can give them zucchini, blanched spinach, shrimp pellets, canned (no salt) green beans, fish flakes, and many other things, they aren’t picky. If they’re happy, they’ll breed. No need to do anything special.

For a three gallon, you could do bladder, pond, or ramshorn snails. For a five, you could do nerites or one mystery. For a ten, you could do a few mystery snails, a couple of nerites, some rabbit snails, or anything else mentioned here.
thanks! if the mystery snails can go over dividers can i have more then one if so how many?
and thanks for telling me about there diet i never new that! and i do have 2 unopened jars of fish flakes so totally have enough of those and I will definitely give them some of the veggies you listed above! can they eat kale?

the rabbit snails look cool to...

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

thanks! if the mystery snails can go over dividers can i have more then one if so how many?
and thanks for telling me about there diet i never new that! and i do have 2 unopened jars of fish flakes so totally have enough of those and I will definitely give them some of the veggies you listed above! can they eat kale?
I would go with two. They can produce quite a lot of waste for their size. They love kale! That’s another good one to use.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Mystery snails love Snello.

Upvote 0

betta06

I would go with two. They can produce quite a lot of waste for their size. They love kale! That’s another good one to use.
okay great i think i will try them then! and two sound like a great number!
and the reason i asked about kale is because we grow LOTS of it and always end up with lots of extras!
thanks for your help though i really apreciate it!
Mystery snails love Snello.
what is that?

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Just make sure you feed small portions at first to see what they eat. It will foul your water if it isnt eaten.

Upvote 0

Kribensis27

and the reason i asked about kale is because we grow LOTS of it and always end up with lots of extras!
Yeah, me too. I always grow too much. Having snails can be very useful

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MasterPython
Replies
Views
Marlene327
  • Solved
  • FishPlanet