Breeding Albino Corys

debi1754@yahoo.com

Reaction score
I am new to this so bear with me. Starting June 16,2008 after the last of my old fish in my community tank died out my ,my albino corys really started to spawn. Well as of today I have made $73.00 bucks selling to my local shops. I had to set up another tank. I have around 150 babies at a variety of growth. What I cannot find out is there a problem about inbreeding since I have so many. So far the Mom and Pop are the only breeders. I move the older fry to the new tank after they are about an inch long. Should I go and purchase another pair just in case? Thanks, Debi-ann

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi Debi welcome to Fish Lore

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with your question but our members have a wide range of knowledge who will be happy to help you.

The one thing I'd like to suggest for your privacy is you should probably change your user name to something other than your e-mail.
This is a public and will can be viewable to the public and through search engines.

Best of luck with your tank.

Edit: Moved your thread to the proper forum

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
To change your username: use the change username page and then update your email address in your profile. This will require another email validation, i.e. you'll have to click on a link in the email to verify that it's a valid email address.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would think first generation breeding wouldn't be a problem but not knowing how inbred they already are unless you are trying for a certain characteristic I personally wouldn't inbreed any further than that.
Carol

ninilie

Valued Member
Reaction score
Wow thats pretty good how much do they usually give you per corie?

iglweb

Reaction score
I would go buy another pair just to be on the safe side!

Emory

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would try to separate them out by gender, if at all possible. That is what I do with my fry.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom