Breeder Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I put my pregnant Molly into a breeder box yesterday because she is very big and square. My question is, how long should i keep her there if she doesn't give birth soon?.

undetermined

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I am by no means an expert, probably not even a novice. However, from what I have read and experienced... Not very long.

I put mine in for about 4 hours, she was so stressed and started to not move. I immediately pulled her out. When I woke up the next morning, she only had 3 fry I found. 1 dead and 2 alive. I have 3 other pregnant ones, and they are dropping fry regularly. I removed the breeder box, but do have a breeder net to seperate the fry. After this first set is big enough to not fit in my silver dollars mouth I will release them and no longer use the breeder net. Let the strong survive as they say..

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Keep a close eye on her, if she's not acting really stressed I'd leave her in for at least 2 or 3 days. You could try to feed her but many of them refuse to eat if they are about to pop

OP
R

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Keep a close eye on her, if she's not acting really stressed I'd leave her in for at least 2 or 3 days. You could try to feed her but many of them refuse to eat if they are about to pop
Yea she isn't eating, imma give her one more night.

OP
R

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks for all the help, im glad to announce that she gave birth last night to about 25 fry

OP
R

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks pics will be up shortly, im waiting for my friend to lend me his good camera so i can also show u guys my other fish. Oh btw its day 3 and they all are very much alive and eating a lot! 3 times a day...

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ouch! As someone who has given birth, I can't imagine more than one at a time. I don't see how they do it!

Don't get discouraged if you can't get good pics of the fry. I'm a macro photographer and have a hard time getting good pics of my fry.

-Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Weekly

Votes: 57 64.8%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 17 19.3%

Top Bottom