Breeder box or no breeder box?

CorydorasCats

I have platies and pretty sure the female is pregnant and I really want the fry to survive! I have never had fish have fry and they survive before so I’m not really sure what to do!

There is one baby fry in my tank at the moment which appeared a day or so after I first got my platies (and the mother of that fry has since passed for unknown reason ) this fry is just in the tank hiding out and growing and every day I spend hours sitting watching hoping I see it! So far it’s still surviving but I hate that every day I worry it’s not going to survive!

With my other female that I believe is pregnant I would love to be able to keep the fry in a breeder net/box within the tank so I can be sure they survive but I have heard so many horror stories about putting the mother fish in the breeder net/box and then they abort the babies or die themselves?!

There is no way I would be able to catch the fry if I left her in the main tank to have them so they probably wouldn’t survive or not many would!

Does anyone have any experience using breeder boxes? What should I do?

CorydorasCats

No breeder box. It's too stressful for the female
So what can I do about the fry? Im sure they won’t survive if left in the main tank and there’s no way I’d be able to catch them.. how do people get their fry to survive? This is all new to me

Upvote 0

Ghelfaire

So what can I do about the fry? Im sure they won’t survive if left in the main tank and there’s no way I’d be able to catch them.. how do people get their fry to survive? This is all new to me
Lots of plants and hiding spots.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
John58ford
Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
Willowgirl2021