Breed Proj Journal: Feb 04

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
50% water changes daily isn’t ideal. Honestly any of my fry have always done well when I’ve done water changes only if the ammonia in the water starts getting too high. Once weekly water changes of about 30% usually do the trick for me and keeps the water stable with less fluctuations. Sometimes water changes can throw off the good bacteria growth and cause the fish to die off because the fluctuations were too great. However (this is only what has worked for me) someone else might think differently.
Thank you for that comment. Currently, I'm testing water changes every 3-4 days since they're older now. I'll do the 30% instead of 50%

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Apr 1 (7 weeks): Hello , it’s been awhile! They’ve grown much bigger and getting really interesting. They stopped dying so I guess changing 30% every 3 days have helped! )

Remember the one with Yellow with black outline?? WOW! It’s changed a lot and it’s the biggest and only! Definitely keeping an eye on that mustard

SIDE NOTE: I realize some of them despite being 7 weeks are really small! Not hitting 1 cm yet. I will try my best otherwise culling ;-; they’ve been moved with my other batch (3 weeks old) they’re roughly the same size
8F16CC9E-1521-478A-90A0-3B6C3DECE3BC.jpeg

0BBFBE84-A568-4926-B6B8-897601D1BEC9.jpeg

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Look who changed! Don't even know what to expect. What do you guys think he'll/she'll end up looking like? =)
IMG_0970[1].PNG
IMG_0968[1].PNG
IMG_0971[1].PNG

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Some aren't as developed yet, however most looks like First and second picture. Second picture though, leaning towards a long tail. He seemed to have longer fins and light red to him.
The last two picture-- Felt bad for some of the smaller ones. They're getting picked!

INFO and Notes:
Jarred the Blue Butterfly (I think he'll turn out butterfly) on April 18th due to aggressiveness and flares. He matured quite fast and started blowing nest right away ! LOL.

Jarred 6 of them today as you can see . Just temporary till i set up a rack for them.

Separated some of the smaller fry into another batch (The other batch only had about 20 survivors).

Total Fry from this batch : 122.

Current age : 11.5 Weeks Old

Attachments

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Jun 4 (Approx 28 weeks) - Many are ready to be jarred. They can't stay with the others no longer :3 Many have torn fins (minor). Hopefully they'll recover quickly. Here are some that are ready and pretty much matured!
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1327.JPG
IMG_1326.JPG
IMG_1333.JPG

*** I really like this one (HfM2) A bit torn up , because the other somehow jumped in during water change... Lids are placed back now : ))
IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1328.JPG

*** HfM3 - Blurry one, sorry. He doesn't like pictures much, moves wayyyy too fast. I need to find my camera soon ://
IMG_1332.JPG
IMG_1331.JPG

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
***** Little marble. Can some one help identify if this is a female or male? I'm leaning more towards male at the moment. Thanks. Can't get it to flare yet since he/she was just transferred to be jarred. Still adjusting .
IMG_1325.JPG
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
IMG_1322.JPG

KoiBettas

Valued Member
Reaction score

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Update : Frys are now adults (4.5 Months) . About 30 of them jarred. Up for sale, we'll see how that goes. Some are sold/reserved.
Pictures upload on a later date.

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
1HPM - Marble. Only one of two.

2HMP / 4 HPM - About 6 of the same. Give or take.

4 HMP - 2 of the same.

5 HMP - First to color change =))

6 HMP - A couple of the same/

7 HMP - Marbled. The other one of two

8 HMP - 2 of similar color. The other nipped its fin. Currently recovering.

Attachments

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
1HPM - Marble. Only one of two.

2HMP / 4 HPM - About 6 of the same. Give or take.

4 HMP - 2 of the same.

5 HMP - First to color change =))

6 HMP - A couple of the same/

7 HMP - Marbled. The other one of two

8 HMP - 2 of similar color. The other nipped its fin. Currently recovering.
Oh my goodness they're STUNNING! I am so excited to breed my bettas down the road. We are still a while out but wow this makes me so excited. These guys have colored up wonderfully

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness they're STUNNING! I am so excited to breed my bettas down the road. We are still a while out but wow this makes me so excited. These guys have colored up wonderfully
Thanks! Good luck to you for your success !

Guanchy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
***** Little marble. Can some one help identify if this is a female or male? I'm leaning more towards male at the moment. Thanks. Can't get it to flare yet since he/she was just transferred to be jarred. Still adjusting . View attachment 562852 View attachment 562853 View attachment 562854 View attachment 562855
i believe this is a female! not sure tho but he/she is stunning! as well as all the other ones. great job.

What are you planning to do with all of these?

KOIiiii

Valued Member
Reaction score
i believe this is a female! not sure tho but he/she is stunning! as well as all the other ones. great job.

What are you planning to do with all of these?
Thanks for the reply although late. The one you mentioned is the most recent picture of 7 HMP. Turned out to be male.

Most will be sold. I'm keeping one or two.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom