Bred Bettas/female Took Over

Brocco

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This morning my betta pair spawned and my male was a dead beat and didn't take any eggs up to his nest, the female did all the work so I removed the male and left her in to pick up dropped eggs. She has been picking up ones that fall and taking them back up all day. This has been going on for 12 hours. I watched to make sure she isn't eating them and she definaately is not. She won't eat in the tank, but I'm afraid to take her out and feed her then put her back because I don't know if she will go back to Cali for them. I've watched her building new bubbles even and if one drops she is quick to pick it up and put it back up. Any advice will be great as this is the first time I've had bettas spawn.

Brocco

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
By done do you mean when the fry hatch? Because she is guarding the nest like the male would

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Wow! That's awesome! I would leave her in until the fry become freeswimming, but if she starts to eat any before then, take her out. I wouldn't trust for her instincts not to kick in and eat the freeswimmers, unlike males. Hope all goes well!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom