Breakfast!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Here's what a hermit crab breakfast should look like!
IMG_2267.jpeg

I have baby sweet peppers, navel oranges, cherrios, butter lettuce, chamomile flowers, blueberries, and poached egg

They will eat anything like this, and I like to spoil them heavily.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nice. Continental breakfast for crabs. Uh, pretty much what I eat at hotels. They’re spoiled.

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Are they as hard to keep as what I've read? The hardest part for me would be keeping the humidity up.

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
scarface said:
Nice. Continental breakfast for crabs. Uh, pretty much what I eat at hotels. They’re spoiled.
Ha! Yes, extremely.
They also love pork when I offer that

Dch48 said:
Are they as hard to keep as what I've read? The hardest part for me would be keeping the humidity up.
No, they aren't hard! The most diverse thing is your diet.
It's actually not difficult to maintain humidity, I am actually struggling to get rid of some of mine!
You need the proper requirements and these guys live decades. I haven't had a single issue with any of my seven hermits, and I have had them almost a year.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Good to know. I also got the impression that they were difficult to keep. That I blame on my biology professor. She flat out said they won’t survive in captivity for very long, and therefore should never be sold.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fanatic said:
Here's what a hermit crab breakfast should look like!
View attachment 441812
I have baby sweet peppers, navel oranges, cherrios, butter lettuce, chamomile flowers, blueberries, and poached egg

They will eat anything like this, and I like to spoil them heavily.
You can fix my breakfast anytime!

Buganjimo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow! How many crabs do you have?? Thats a big meal (looks like something I would eat).

I have two palm-sized PP’s and they loooove blueberries. Their favourite meal is blueberries, bloodworms, sunflower seeds (deshelled and unflavoured), carrots, and coconut! All sprinkled in cuttlebone.

Glad there are more people who know how to properly take care of hermits (although I’m still getting the hang of it myself)

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Gypsy13 said:
You can fix my breakfast anytime!
Yes! I was a vegetarian for 11 years

Buganjimo said:
Wow! How many crabs do you have?? Thats a big meal (looks like something I would eat).

I have two palm-sized PP’s and they loooove blueberries. Their favourite meal is blueberries, bloodworms, sunflower seeds (deshelled and unflavoured), carrots, and coconut! All sprinkled in cuttlebone.

Glad there are more people who know how to properly take care of hermits (although I’m still getting the hang of it myself)
Thanks! I currently have seven in a 55
I have only been keeping hermits for two years, so I’m no expert, but the key is to learn all you can about them.

I’ll show you what the dish looks like after they eat it.

Buganjimo

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ah, you have seven lol. Makes more sense. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my two crabs’ tank for a while, but one thing at a time ****.

I’ve only had them for like, 6ish months so I’m still pretty new to them. But I’m having a lot of fun learning! (Even if their pinches hurt lol)

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Fanatic said:
Yes! I was a vegetarian for 11 years

Thanks! I currently have seven in a 55
I have only been keeping hermits for two years, so I’m no expert, but the key is to learn all you can about them.

I’ll show you what the dish looks like after they eat it.
I’m a vegetarian now. For some reason meat smells really really bad. Something to do with lupus and my kidneys.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom