Brazillian Pennywort Dying?

Lonewolf9395

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sorry I can't help. I am following this thread as my pennywort looks similar although I am not sure it is actually dying or if the brown on the leaves is just normal.

Books&Fish

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Does the brown rub off? It could just be diatoms. Otherwise brown could be too much light. Trying backing it off to 8-9 hours a day.

Last edited:

BettaBliss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Sorry I can't help. I am following this thread as my pennywort looks similar although I am not sure it is actually dying or if the brown on the leaves is just normal.
It's okay Same here!
Does the brown rub off? It could just be diatoms. Otherwise brown could be too much light. Trying backing it off to 8-9 hours a day.
I have not tried to rub it off, but I will try when i get home from work. Thank you!
I think too much light and not enough ferts.
Thank you! Is the light too strong or on for too much time? What kind of ferts should I use?
I agree, I think the plants may be starving. As you increase light, ferts and Co2 must also increase
Thank you! Is CO2 necessary in this case? I was told these were low tech plants. What ferts should I use? Should I leave the light on for less time a day?

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Try at most 8 hours for now. I use Nilocg thrive, and I like it a lot. Seachem ferts are also good, but you'll need separate bottles for macros.

Indeed they are low tech plants, but since you're giving a lot of light you need to match it with ferts and CO2. CO2 isn't necessary, for now just reduce the light and add ferts.

BettaBliss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Try at most 8 hours for now. I use Nilocg thrive, and I like it a lot. Seachem ferts are also good, but you'll need separate bottles for macros.

Indeed they are low tech plants, but since you're giving a lot of light you need to match it with ferts and CO2. CO2 isn't necessary, for now just reduce the light and add ferts.
Thank you!
And I'm very new to this lol what are macros? I'm stopping at a Petco today and would love to get what I need for my plants from there. I'll lower my light as well.

BettaBliss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years

BettaBliss

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Update: My other plants are also dying. Does anyone know of any good fertilizers that I can use that are available at Petco, PetSmart, or Pet Supplies Plus?
Thanks!

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Update: My other plants are also dying. Does anyone know of any good fertilizers that I can use that are available at Petco, PetSmart, or Pet Supplies Plus?
Thanks!
Maybe flourish? You'll likely need the nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium bottles too, I don't think I've seen those at chain stores. Nilocg thrive is what I use and recommend, you can get it off amazon or nilocg's website.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom