Brannor's Community Tank

Discussion in 'Members Fish Tanks' started by Brannor, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Brannor

BrannorValued MemberMember

When we started (tank was planted on 06/03/2018) with Neon Tetras fish-in cycle (added 09/03/2018). Note the semi-aquatic plants behind the ship...

6yxwJi3.jpg

As at 24/03/2018 - notice the melted/dying plants... (guppies and bristlenose added)

eRHktQ7.jpg

This is as of 23/04/2018 - new plants, the "lorax" plant has spread, and the plant on the left has actually had part of it moved to another tank, so doing superbly. All the dead plants were removed.
    Tetras gone (NTD...) some guppies dead, in hospital, or moved to a second tank... 2 DG males added (and not constantly in each other's faces), as well as 4 yellow shrimp that have not been murdered by the DG (yet). (oh, and a background)

Usxb34e.jpg

2. Wobbegong

WobbegongWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful tank.

3. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Plant on the left is getting a lot of Staghorn. Waiting for my Seachem Excel to deal with that and one the ornaments.

GjHkR7p.jpg

4. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Not quite a weekly update... but see if you can spot the new addition. ;)

lAztmGQ.jpg

5. Jenoli42

Jenoli42Well Known MemberMember

are your gourami new? if not, they look fantastic in that photo. And your BN is cute up front. if you have kuhli's in there, i can't find them...

EDIT: no, i scrolled up and realised that they're not new.... but it really is a good photo of them

6. Jenoli42

7. OP
    OP
    Brannor

No fair... you cheated... you know what I have in my tank... but... you didn't spot him... keep looking ;)

-G

8. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Nope... I meant a living thing... i.e. fish. :)

But yes, the sand is (obviously) new. Placed in two areas...around driftwood and right to the back in that area, and then the back right corner.

-G

9. Jenoli42

i
    is he directly above the BN on the driftwood??

10. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Nope. But you're close. ;)

11. alauruin

alauruinValued MemberMember

I see him!! :D

12. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Put @Jenoli42 out of her misery. Say where he is. :)

-G

13. alauruin

cropped.png
    LOL look in the left half of this zoomed in view :)

14. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Some of the plants are looking a little worse for wear... the grasses are dying... clearly not enough light for them at that depth or the staghorn algae is killing them. The cabomba is being ravaged by the fish (fry) or shrimp? Seems they enjoy eating it lower down. Might have to try buy some more or split it up. The Fern doesn't appear to have grown at all (though I need to move the ship and investigate that.

Also, the two Dwarf Gourami are out of the tank (one in hospital possibly slowly dying to DGD... and the other moved to the other tank).

gvjWtfB.jpg

15. OP
    OP
    Brannor

We lost both DG... and all but 1 female adult guppy (the 4 males are ok in the other tank...) - I treated two doses for Camalanus worm, but that didn't seem to work... last female is in QT being treated for Fluke/Tapworm...

In recent weeks, I've upped the Kuhli count to 14, and yesterday added more plants and 35 RCS to the main tank. Not sure about Vallisneria location... I'll need to do some trimming of it this weekend anyway. I also need to plant more fert tabs, or look at some sort of liquid fert.

My wife's tank is looking great. Have watched as 3 female RCS have started carrying. Added some new plants (Chain Sword, Amazon Sword, small bunches of Ambulia) and it's looking nice now. I also took out her in-tank filter which I found took up space and did not have a lot of bio space. Replaced it with a Aqua One Nautilus 800. The flow is great now. I'll be retrofitting a Nautilus 1400 into my main tank in the coming days/week and will start a thread on that to document the process. The default pump that comes with the Ar980 just isn't really strong enough when you've got a pre-filter on it.

Anyway... here are the two tanks... as they were last night.

1vdLD99.jpg

iUUiZlW.jpg

-G

16. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Bristlenose have bred, so the cave has been removed for a while. Added some java moss. Had a bit of algae form due to certs.

BQUUGbR.jpg

2 moss balls added.

GZRf2m2.jpg

17. OP
    OP
    Brannor

Right... so I let things get a bit of of control...

ePckJIS.jpg

6IuInF5.jpg

So after some trimming, moving some of the cabomba from the smaller tank to the larger one (the shrimp love eating them it seems) and pulling a tub full of elodea out...

mqTF5gt.jpg

sBL8RWG.jpg

Had to check the elodea carefully to make sure I haven't removed any of my horde of RCS fry.

18. alauruin

Wow, they've really grown in! Loving the top tank especially (your wife's?), it has so much vibrant green in a variety of textures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice