Brandi With Two Beautiful Betas

brandiwine

Reaction score
Hi I'm brandi from Clearwater Fl. I have 2 bettas, one male and one female, that I consider my children! My female must've been a baby when i got her because now she's bigger then I ever
imagined she would be. Unfortunetely she has been quite sick from the beginning. You wouldn't notice it by her unbelievable energy, it's just the physical appearance that is questionable. Her stomach is bloated and her gill underneath her mouth opens up so wide when she breathes that she has a similar imagine of a small shark! I've tried 'beta fix' and i just introduced her to a pea(which you suggested in one of your forums..thank you) and she loved it! Too early to tell if it has helped since i just gave to her today. Any suggestions?

Glad to be here and thanks for any help..

ThePetPavilion

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have tried BettaFix and it really hasn't worked, and some people say the Tea Tree Oil/ Melaleuca Oil is bad for them, I haven't noticed any changes good or bad when using it. Peas are bad for Bettas because they are carnivores and peas are for omnivores/herbivores, I haven't noticed anything bad when I gave my betta a pea before I knew that and I haven't since. Who knows? But that is just my experience.

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would like you to fill in this template for us to help you: Fish Emergency Template
And could you also provide pictures of her?

Bettafix is a controversial and debatable item to use with bettas. It's basically some diluted essential oil and I think it would work as an antiseptic for wounds at best.

Peas are fine to feed bettas once in a while. They can't digest plant matter so it just passes through the digestive system with no problem. This is why it's recommended for bloating and constipation issues.

Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 26 68.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 15 39.5%

Top Bottom