Brand New 55 gal. Tank!!!

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I finally got my 55 gal. tank. It's huge! I put all my fish I had in the 10 gal. in it. Then I put my betta and her two subjects (cory's ;D) into the 10 gal. I took the filter media and water from the 5 gal. tank into the new 55 gal. along with half the water from the 10 gal. to make sure there was plenty of bacteria for the tank. I did water readings 24 hours after setting up the 55 gal. tank and this is what I got: PH - 7.2, Ammonia - 0, Nitrites - 0, Nitrates - 10 ppm. Great huh?

The fish love all the room they have now. I'm not adding any new fish until my babies get alot bigger. I don't want the new fish thinking that they are snack food. ;D

mistycheri

Valued Member
Reaction score
Did I mention that when I bought two more plants out of the aquarium at Walmart, the woman dipping the water and plants out accidentally dipped a small African frog out too. I didn't know this till I got home and opened the bag and this little frog jumped out. Now, what do I feed an African frog?? Will it eat the fish food flakes I feed the fish? I watched this little frog trying to see him eat something, but he just seems to gulp water. Is that how they feed? Any help on this little froggy is appreciated. Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom