Brackish Tank Stocking

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by APierce, Apr 7, 2017.

1. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

Where could I go to get a list of brackish fish that are good in a community tank, and are peaceful.

Specifically, I need fish that will get along well with a dragon goby in a 60 gal tank.

2. S

Ste Valued Member Member

Angelfish (altum or wild), aecherfish, and many more. Try searching on google

3. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Angelfish are not brackish. Archerfish I believe need a larger tank.

As for what would work.....
    Indian glassfish? Orange chromides?

4. OP
    OP
    APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

Fishlore says that the indian glassfish aren't brackish?! How do I be sure the ones I buy aren't injected with dye? (That is if I can even find them). I like the look of the Chromides, are they related to blood parrot cichlids at all? How large do they get and what about groups of them...as in do you have to worry so much about the m/f ratio?

5. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Parambassis ranga (Indian Glass Fish)
    They are found in brackish water in the wild, and can be kept in brackish according to seriously fish.

Chromides are only related to blood parrots in that they are both cichlids, other than that, not at all, the blood parrot is a hybrid of American cichlids and Orange Chromide are Asian cichlids. Read their seriously fish page for more info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice