Question Brackish help!!

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you!! I have been struggling to find some stuff on brackish flounders they seem very interesting. Have you guys heard anything about them as far as care wise?

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Im finding they can't decide if its in the flounder or sole family and that fisherman would throw them on the beaches and the pigs would choke on them. In the wild they can reach 6 inches so I'm not sure if they would work in your tank.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What makes you want a brackish tank?
Usually people choose them for the fish they want .Wondering what fish fit I wonder why brackish ?? Unless just concerned about 20g limits ..
I mean scats , archers and monos are out in a 20 due to size they can reach but most other brackish fish remain reasonable size ..
How about mudskippers ! Talk about unusual and needing brackish ? They need a land area though although something floating [like foam ] usually works ?

Valued Member
Reaction score
Ya so not sure about the flounder then. I wanted a brackish tank to try it out. But I didn’t want a bug tank since I already have three other tanks. I just wanted to test something new and if I love it I’ll get a bigger tank to meet requirements for other fish.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom