Brackish crabs land and water

CrustaceanDude

So a few years back I had a 20 gallon tank and about 10 Thai red claws, one murdered all of them
He was the last one left, I had 2 bio wheel filters and 2 moss balls, several anubis styled live plants because they are waxy and my crabs didn't eat them.

My Thai red claws lived for 4 years in that tank 1-2 years passed their normal expectated life span, my crab(s) were very happy with live fish, daily supplements of food and live plants too, nitrogen cycle was excellent.

I want to make new 45 gallon tank with a canister filter and do a sloped land and beach and water style habitat.

Is it OK if the water permeates through half of the substrate? Are rhee plants u should get to counter the stagnant water below the sand and gravel?

I must know the perfect start for rhis
I have to kbiw. Live plants can mold easily

Fishfriendof315

A little fountain pump should work to keep the water moving. I have a couple 80 gph in my 50. Think I paid $8 each one on ebay

Upvote 0

CrustaceanDude

But I mean, I'm gona have some sand/gravel that creates land... And this means I should have the fountain pump buried under the soil and in the water, pushing water towards the main pool?

Upvote 0

Fishfriendof315

Make it a little reservoir under with a tube to push water from under substrate to the pool. Then in theory the saturation coming from the pool should refill thw reservoir. Might want to put a sponge or rocks in gront so sand doesnt gunk up the pump
I enjoy thinking out the box

Upvote 0

CrustaceanDude

I like that idea, so it circulates under the substrate then back into the main pool of water?

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
jtjgg
Replies
Views
wodesorel
Replies
Views
TheCrabMan