brackish 55g voilet goby & Chromis stock?!

ashahlee

I have a 55 brackish with a dragon goby and a few balloon belly mollies. I I'm looking to switch out the mollies with nicer fish that hangnout in the more upper region of my tank. I heard chromis can be in brackish but idk if this is true also are they aggressive like cichlids? I don't want any bottom dwellers like other goby's because my goby's happy and not stressed out and with fish bumping into him or going into his spots I feel like he will feel stressed or threatened. Any suggestions on stock?

MJDuti

What's the SG at? I have no experience with BW yet (my figure 8 puffer is next!), but feel like you have to go species-specific, or large tanks to accommodate the select few species you can choose from. How about halfbeaks? Celebes rainbowfish (hear mixed opinions about salt)? I personally like the chromides too.

Sarcasm Included

Chromides run the whole water column and are extremely active, but are much more peaceful than mollies. They can also go from full fresh hard water to full saltwater, where as those mollies can only handle low brackish before having health problems. The fact that ballon mollies are prone to health problems in the first place doesn't help. The 55 gallon tank is too small for a violet goby, you will need twice the footprint at a minimum for this fish. If you would like, tomorrow I can post a picture of my red chromides. Celebes rainbows should not go beyond 1.010, but psuedomugil signifer and cyanodorsalis are both capable of handling up to full saltwater and will stay mid to upper. Celebes halbeak is another good top dweller for your tank.

Sarcasm Included

2015-02-11 13.54.15.jpg
2015-02-11 13.54.35.jpg
Red Chromides

Anders247

They look awesome Sarcasm Included! Aren't these the same as Orange Chromides?

Sarcasm Included

Yes, same fish the orange and red colors are spawning colors that have been bred to be permanent.
Extremely active fish and pair up well with Sail fin mollies, even if they do swim circles around the mollies.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
junebug
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
  • Question
Replies
Views
ChrissFishes01
Replies