Br: Male Or Female? Question

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by 12Cin12, Jun 17, 2019.

1. 12Cin12Valued MemberMember

2BD607A9-EEBE-4B22-B11E-31EA57F4FAC4.jpeg Hi everyone!
    Not sure where to post this, but can you please tell me if my BR is male or female?
    S/He is the single ram in a 75 G with other peaceful community fish. I’d like to add more with minimal drama. Im not interested in raising fry, so I’m ok with single genders- OR multiple females if I have a male.
    This is the best pic I could get. S/He HATES the camera. Doesn’t run from me, but as soon as I lift up my phone, all bets are off!
    Thanks so much!!

Attached Files:

2. bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

I think you are going to need a better side shot for accurate gender guesses.

3. 12Cin12Valued MemberMember

Tried to post this one earlier but it didn’t go through.

Attached Files:

4. FeohwWell Known MemberMember

That's a very nice male! Really great looking fish, quite mature too. I'd get him a female, my male has three females with him.

I could see the original pic on the app, people can't see full pics without it

5. 12Cin12Valued MemberMember

Thank you! I admit I’m quite proud of him! He’s colored up so nicely since I put him in the 75!
    I really wanted about 3 more, so that’s perfect!

6. FeohwWell Known MemberMember

You should be proud, he looks great. Quite a bit older than my male too. Love the blue on him. Three more would be fine in a 75g, I have four in a 53g and they are fine. I know somebody had 7 in a 75g on here before (honestly that's too much for me personally, I like less as you can really tell them apart and see their individual personalities, that's just me though)

7. fishi04New MemberMember

That really is a beautiful male