Bp And Gorami Question

1. DaloAquatics

DaloAquatics Valued Member Member

Hi! I currently have a 4 inch BP and a 1 1/2-2 inch blue gorami. I was planning on putting them together when the gorami grew to a bigger size but I was wondering if it would be better to put them together now and if they can even live together. So my questions are these:
    1: can they live together with no risk of either of them dying
    2: is it better to put them together now or later

Thanks in advance! :)

2. Brannor

Brannor Valued Member Member

I have 2 Bristlenose Catfish (male is about 4 inches, and female slightly smaller) and 2 Dwarf Gourami in my 55G. What size tank do you have? Most of the time they ignore each other except if the DG try come steal the BN algae wafer. Or enter the male's 'turf'. He just gives them a little 'rush'/'swish' and they run away. As your Blue Gourami will get up to 6 inches, the BN will probably keep pace and maybe even keep ahead on size. So the BN will be the quiet boss of the tank and probably keep the Gourami in check. I'd let them grow together... probably safer that introducing two bigger fish to each other where they might have both been 'bosses' of their own tanks.

No an expert...just going on what I'm observing with my setup.

-G

3. sfsamm

sfsamm Well Known Member Member

BP as in Blood Parrot or as in Bristlenose Pleco? BP is fairly vague when used out of other context. I see BP and assume Blood Parrot but obviously the previous poster thought about Pleco. Just wanted you to get the info you're looking for.

4. OP
    OP
    DaloAquatics

DaloAquatics Valued Member Member

Hi! Sorry for the confusion, by BP I meant Blood Parrot cichlid. sorry.