Boyu Tank With Inbuilt Filteration 30 Gallon Tank

1. Amaresh Member Member

Hello Friends

I have purchased a 30 gallon Boyu tank EA 80 which comes with a inbuilt filtration system. The filter is installed on the top. The filteration system consists of a pump which sucks water and passes it through a bio-sponge. I am not sure if this would suffice.

Any insights would help.
  2. grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Ive seen these tanks and there over head filter systems. I like my canisters but if i had that tank id give it a go why not? If you don't trust it fully run something along side it like an internal power filter. I think it will do a good job, its basically a wet/dry over head system. Have you checked out reviews on you tube because thats what i would be doing.

3. Amaresh Member Member

Thanks for the response. I have tried searching in you tube but didnt find any good info.
    Anybody who has used this tank..please provide insights.
  4. AquaNewbie2017 Initiate Member

Hi! Just wanted to check how your tank is doing. The Boyu setup is one of the cheaper options available here. Do you have a planted setup? Thanks.

5. Amaresh Member Member

Hi my tank is doing good. The only thing is that ihas just a sponge overhead filter thats all.
  6. AquaNewbie2017 Initiate Member

Thanks. Would you suggest people buy a similar one? or buy individual parts? How is the lighting?
  7. Swampgorilla Member Member

I owned a boyu ... nice tank, but it cracked one night and dumped 100 gallons of water all over my floor - and ran into the living room ruining the carpet. Insurance guy came out and took measurements to ensure the tank was absolutely level - and it was spot on. It was sitting on a marble tiled floor that was completely level with no bumps.

Having said that - the overhead filter on it was amazing - like a wet / dry system. You can customize the media in them (or you could in mine. I put filter floss and sponge.