Boyu Tank With Inbuilt Filteration 30 Gallon Tank

1. A

Amaresh Valued Member Member

Hello Friends

I have purchased a 30 gallon Boyu tank EA 80 which comes with a inbuilt filtration system. The filter is installed on the top. The filteration system consists of a pump which sucks water and passes it through a bio-sponge. I am not sure if this would suffice.

Any insights would help.

2. grantm91

grantm91 Fishlore VIP Member

Ive seen these tanks and there over head filter systems. I like my canisters but if i had that tank id give it a go why not? If you don't trust it fully run something along side it like an internal power filter. I think it will do a good job, its basically a wet/dry over head system. Have you checked out reviews on you tube because thats what i would be doing.

3. OP
    OP
    A

Thanks for the response. I have tried searching in you tube but didnt find any good info.
    Anybody who has used this tank..please provide insights.

4. A

AquaNewbie2017 New Member Member

Hi! Just wanted to check how your tank is doing. The Boyu setup is one of the cheaper options available here. Do you have a planted setup? Thanks.

5. OP
    OP
    A

Hi my tank is doing good. The only thing is that ihas just a sponge overhead filter thats all.

6. A

AquaNewbie2017 New Member Member

Thanks. Would you suggest people buy a similar one? or buy individual parts? How is the lighting?

7. Swampgorilla

Swampgorilla Valued Member Member

I owned a boyu ... nice tank, but it cracked one night and dumped 100 gallons of water all over my floor - and ran into the living room ruining the carpet. Insurance guy came out and took measurements to ensure the tank was absolutely level - and it was spot on. It was sitting on a marble tiled floor that was completely level with no bumps.

Having said that - the overhead filter on it was amazing - like a wet / dry system. You can customize the media in them (or you could in mine. I put filter floss and sponge.