Boyfriend for Pandora

critter_fritter79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It would appear that blue mg ct's are pretty hard to come by. I bought this little girl to pair with my Saturn..who I recently lost along with the only other ct male I had from those wonderful water issues. I know I can get another orchid male when the time comes..possibly even a sibling to the male I lost from MM..but I haven't been able to come even close to a good male for my Pandora. What would be the most likely outcome if I bred her to a yellow or pineapple male? I love the mustards, and really want to work on a good mg ct line, but am at a total loss on which way to go now... Any suggestions? This is Pandora...

Attachments

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Beautiful lil' one is all I can say. Best of luck!

bassbonediva

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
She's beautiful!

I could be wrong about this, but I think I remember someone telling me that blue is a dominant color, as is red (but red is even more dominant than blue), so if you mixed the MG with a yellow or pineapple you'd get a mix of blues and MGs, as long as neither strain carries red genes (which would be most likely in the yellow/pineapple male).

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
She's a beauty!

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hmm, can't help you with the breeding sorry! But Pandora's tail is gorgeous, I can imagine her babies would be darlings!

critter_fritter79

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks! I adore her personality..she is such a little spit-fire! I have been sending emails to the IBC and my local chapter and still can't find a blue mg male for her...or any other suggestions for that matter! But that's ok...if all else fails and I can't find a good male for her that is ct..then I will go with a hm and then do some line breeding to get back the ct traits..

fishtroy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
He'll have to be a tough boy to handle her if she has such fire!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom