Bought some cool fish today!!

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
I’m rather excited. I moved my furcata rainbows, green tetras over time my display tank so the QT 20 gallon looked empty so off to the LFS I go.

I found a pair of golden apisto Agassizi, bought a few CPD, some awesome blue eyed draws rainbow fish, and some Florida flag fish. Dropped the flag fish in and immediately started eating my algae. Yeah!!

pagoda

Well Known
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on the CPD's as they seem to be having issues lately....probably overbreeding that have weakened them. If you make a search on the forum for CPD threads you will see that a few people have experienced more frequent than normal health problems

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
pagoda said:
Keep a close eye on the CPD's as they seem to be having issues lately....probably overbreeding that have weakened them. If you make a search on the forum for CPD threads you will see that a few people have experienced more frequent than normal health problems
Thanks. I’m well aware of the problems but you wouldn’t know that.
My LFS is very reputable and they looked very nice and bright so I bought 5 of them to see how it goes. If they last I’ll buy another 5-8 of them. The one I have has beautiful gold spot and just glows.

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Good luck with the CPDs, mine all died out.
I’ve had one for about 6 months now. He was an accident and got in the bag when I was buying some other fish.

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
How are all of these doing? I would love some pics of the dwarf rainbows and the apistos!
Just put them to bed. I’ll get you some pictures tomorrow. So far so good they are all still alive and no issues.
All the CPD look good and no white spots at all. They are coloring up nicely and the one female is super gold. I love her.
The rainbows are doing great. Can’t wait to add those 4 in with the 14 furcata rainbows I have so they don’t feel lonely. I’ll try to get a picture of these that’s descent. They are speedy little suckers and I’ll try to wait until the male flashes his fins. That’s when they are impressive. I’ll add them to the main tank this weekend.
The flag fish are super cool. They just roam around all the time and pick at algae and other stuff. Really neat fish and I like them more than I every thought I would.
I also really like the apisto and the purple stripe on the back is coming out more.

TWiG87

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Some awesome fish for sure, I would love to see the Apistos

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
So here’s some pictures. Sorry some aren’t the best especially of the rainbows. They wouldn’t flash for me.
I got great pictures of the apistos though. Awesome fish.

Attachments

PascalKrypt

Well Known
Reaction score
Beautiful, beautiful apistos! Very jealous <3
Haha, it's okay ;) I've had pseudomugils myself, I know what the flaring males look like. They're stunning but soooo hard to take pictures of.

Btw the fifth photo in the first post, there is a fish swimming in the foreground with what looks like serious damage to the dorsal and caudal fin. You might want to check that out.

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
Beautiful, beautiful apistos! Very jealous <3
Haha, it's okay ;) I've had pseudomugils myself, I know what the flaring males look like. They're stunning but soooo hard to take pictures of.
Yeah I know about the fish with the damaged fins. Some time the danios fight amongst themselves in that tank. Likely adding these fish to the QT tank triggered them to fight with each other. The fins will heal as they have in the past. They have been fine and not picking on each other for a long time. I was sad to see this again.

CHJ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FinalFins said:
Good luck with the CPDs, mine all died out.
Did you run extra air stones? CPDs are the most O2 sensitive fish I have met. I snuffed a bunch before figuring out they needed more air.

StarGirl15

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
saltwater60 said:
So here’s some pictures. Sorry some aren’t the best especially of the rainbows. They wouldn’t flash for me.
I got great pictures of the apistos though. Awesome fish.
What is the white and yellow one in the last 3 pics? Not up on my cichlids. :facepalm: Pretty fish! I like all of them!

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
StarGirl15 said:
What is the white and yellow one in the last 3 pics? Not up on my cichlids. :facepalm: Pretty fish! I like all of them!
Apisto agazzassi Golden. I spell like **** so it’s likely wrong.

OP
saltwater60

saltwater60

Well Known
Reaction score
I did not add an air stone. The CPD are overall doing well. I’ve had 2 die and I think I’ll lose one more. the one was attacked by by a killifish and died and the other two just stopped eating for whatever reason. I do have good surface admiration though.

New Threads