Bought 2 mystery snails today... now I'm seeing baby snails

hdmstr

Hello everyone.

I have a 15 gallon tank currently with 3 guppys, 2 swordtails and what I thought was (only) 2 mystery snails which I bought from my LFS 6 hours ago. The two snails have been hiding in one of small barrel decorations and now I'm seeing little tiny baby snails crawling around my tank. I've spotted 2 so far but suspect there may be more.

This is my first ever aquarium so I'm not sure what to do. I'd love any advice.

Cheers everyone

Baby snail.jpg

Demeter

They are not baby mystery snails but rather bladder snails. They are more of a pest snail due to their fast breeding habits. Mystery snails will big yellow/pink/beige lay egg sacs just above the water surface and those will hatch within a couple weeks or so. You also have to have a male and female mystery to get fertile clutches. Google can tell you in more detail.

hdmstr

They are not baby mystery snails but rather bladder snails. They are more of a pest snail due to their fast breeding habits. Mystery snails will big yellow/pink/beige lay egg sacs just above the water surface and those will hatch within a couple weeks or so. You also have to have a male and female mystery to get fertile clutches. Google can tell you in more detail.
Ah ok. So just dont overfeed and I should be fine? My tank is relatively new so I dont have much algae, I do have 2 amazon swords, 1 ambulia and a Lilaeopsis plant.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CaraLeigh
Replies
Views
LizStreithorst
  • beyondsilverlinings
  • Snails
Replies
Views
beyondsilverlinings