Bottom Swimmer Stock Advice!

1. Dycofree

Dycofree Well Known Member Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to gauge everyones opinions on what the best move would be for my tank stock wise. I currently am runnin all of this

Marineland 350b
    Fluval 406

1 Turquoise Sev
    6 Denison Barbs
    10 Lemon Tetra

Tank at 76

I was thinking of adding a group of Rams for the bottom. Which would you guys reccomend? Im afraid with my white sand bolivians wouldnt really stand out. I just redid my whole tank to open up room for my rescued sev when she is bigger. Im open to any stock suggestions. I also considered adding some Electric Blue Acaras at some point, but not sure on that. Could my tank handle another sev? Or another good sized, colorful fish? Im open to whatever. Ill attach pics!

P.S. This is my sevs transformation from when i rescued her at a local petsmart! She was getting destroyed in there. One week makes a of a difference!

Attached Files:

2. W

Will170 Valued Member Member

I'm partial to Pictus Catfish as they are my first catfish. They are really cool looking and they're whiskers are super long. Check em out. I have a group of three and they are super happy.
    they are sold as active fish but they are only active when light is dim or not on

Edit: I just seen your tertras. May not mix well with the Pictus as they may eat them when the Pictus grow larger

3. Katie13

Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

Bolivian Rams would be the only type that would thrive in 76 degrees.

4. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Yeah thats what Im thinking too.

What other additions would everyone recommend? Not necessarily bottom feeders.

5. liberosis4170

liberosis4170 Valued Member Member

some type of pleco
    a large school of panda cory

6. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

TBH I wouldn't do rams. GBR need warmer water. 76f is the warmest bolivians can handle but they would be much more comfortable around 73-74f

7. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Ok i will hold off on them. Do you think I could add another school of fish such as Harlequin Rasboras? Say 10? Or do you think Id be better off just getting some bottom feeders like Zebra Loaches or corys

8. BottomDweller

In a 75 gallon you have room for another mid dwelling school but it might make the tank look too busy and the bottom will be pretty empty. I would add a school of zebra loaches or maybe yoyo loaches and some more denisons barbs

9. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Ok do you think 2 more denisons, and a school of maybe 6 Zebra Loches?

I have access to a lot of peppered corys rn but was told they need cooler water than 76. I could have got 12 for $38. of a deal

sorry for spamming questions lol, but instead of two more denisons could I do another decent size fish? EBA pair? If so what would you suggest?

10. BottomDweller

I'd do 8 zebra loaches

Peppered cories need 67-72f

You could add another decent sized fish along with 2 more denisons

11. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

What fish would you recommend? I love the Electric Blue Acaras but idk if id want to just keep one.

12. OP
    OP
    Dycofree

Thoughts on kribs? My buddy breeds them. I know they have a bad rap but in a well planted 75 with hides I think it might work. But i dont know. How many do you think?

13. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I think a pair of kribs would be fine. If you had a breeding pair then they'd be aggressive during mating season though.